Friday, March 20, 2009

The Sky is Fallin'

WARNING: THIS POST MAY BE A BIT OF A BUMMER FOR SOME!!

So I guess the End of the World is coming. The year 2012 from what I understand from various sources amongst my Facebook friends.

"2012 is marked by a Muslim mythical end of time 'Coming of Mehdi' - God will destroy morally bankrupt mankind and true Islam will rule. Nostradamus also predicted the end of the world around that time." -- Jyri Makela

"They Mayan Calendar also states the end of the world at 2012." -- Joel Petrie

"Check out the Colony Collapse Disorder epidemic. Bees are disappearing... Within four years of that, humanity will suffer and become extinct as well...interesting article to read! Everything seems to be leading to 2012!" -- Tawnie Bowers

While certainly none of these people (that I know of) are experts on the matter, I'm sure their sources can be verified by a simple google search. In doing so myself I was able to get an exact date Yule or Winter Solstice of 2012 which is Dec. 21st-- right before Christmas :(


So I have to say I'm pretty disappointed. I mean I had some big things planned for the next 5 to 50 years and now it turns I only have 3.66 years. I've got to be honest, I don't think I can manage to do all the things I want to do in that short amount of time.

Here is a brief look at some of the things I would like to do, but likely not get around to:

1. Eat a pie... after the age 35
2. Dodge the draft for War World III
3. Be the oldest heavy weight champion of the world
4. Get a seniors discount at the movies
5. Spearhead the largest escape from a senior care facility in US history
6. Grow Old & Die



So if the world is indeed ending on Dec 21, 2012-- should I do Christmas shopping that year "just in case"?


Really what I'm looking for is some reason not to believe the world will end in 2012. If you got any, let me know.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's the reason to buy those presents anyway: dozens of such dates have been set already and they never come true. None will. We can't know the date, and any date that's set is wrong. When you see this kind of hype you know that behind the scenes, there's somebody trying to make money.

But do read my free e-book, Walkabout: The History of a Brief Century for a preview of how it'll happen, not when!

Matsby said...

You do have a lot of evidence for 2012.

But the thing is, Terminator 2 said it was going to happen in 1999.

And that was also very convincing.

Rachel said...

Sorry Ryan, it is coming and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it. Although, maybe there is a comet that we can catch a ride on. I'm pretty sure those Heaven's Gate people had it right too...