Thursday, October 30, 2008

It's Finally Here!

Those of you who now of my love for Halloween are probably expecting an update on my plans for tomorrow night or my costume or whatever-- but you're not going to get it. That's right, there is something I esteem just as exciting as Halloween that looms even closer than All Hallows Eve-- it's the 30 ROCK Premier tonight! Yes and despite the shameless plugs they've been giving themselves on SNL Weekend Updates and all the hoopla around the celebrity cameos that will be appearing during the season-- I am excited like a little Ethiopian boy at a Sizzler buffet.

Since the advent (and my purchase) of the DVR or Digital Video Recorder, I've become an avid TV watcher. I have a few select television programs that subscribe to, and by far my favorite of them is 30 ROCK (notice my respect by capitalizing the title) . It is the perfect storm of original story lines, neurotic characters, superior writing, and Jack Donaghy. Now if someone had told me 3 years ago I would be a fan of a Tina Fey, Tracy Morgan, and Alec Balwin television show I say, "What's it about?", and then when they told what it was about I would say, "So it's really just backstage at SNL and they're making very little attempt to mask it.", and I probably wouldn't have giving it a chance because Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip had already come up with that same idea and it has Amanda Peet and she is sexier than Tina Fey: a decision I would woefully regret. Thankfully that is a completely fabricated, hypothetical story meant only to vaguely illustrate my surprising intrigue for this show. And now as season 3 begins with an episode entitled "Do-Over", I find myself regretting ever thinking that Amanda Peet was sexier than Tina Fey, sure Amanda is a looker, but she just doesn't have the 'je ne sais quoi' that Tina Fey possesses-- maybe it has to do with this whole Sarah Palin thing. Sometimes I like to image that Sarah Palin was the Miss Alaska runner up to Tina Fey-- wouldn't that have be weird?!


Anyway if you're not already hooked on this show and anxiously awaiting it's return to primetime Thursday night-- Check it out!

No comments: